I used this marinade for a spicy beef stir fry that we had for dinner tonight--but you could also use this sauce as the basis for BBQ ribs/beef cooking methods described in this recipe. I paired it with Asian slaw, but this beef would also be delicious with broccoli & rice.
Bulgogi- Korean Style BBQ
Prep time= 8 min, Marination= 2-24 hours, Cook time= 5-10 min, 4 Servings
|Photo's a little washed out...but it was tasty.|
|Ingredient Lineup (minus the chili oil & sesame seeds. I'm out|
of sesame seeds & forgot to put the chili oil in the photo)
|There's my chili oil...|
- 1 pound lean beef (i.e. sirloin, roast)
- 2 T brown sugar
- 4 T soy sauce
- 2 T sesame oil (can substitute vegetable oil or use half vegetable oil)
- 1 t. sesame seeds [optional]
- 1 medium green onion, chopped
- 3/4 t. garlic powder
- 1/2 t. ground black pepper
- 1/2 t. hot chili oil [optional]
1. Cut beef against the grain into thin strips. Place strips in a large zip top bag. Place other ingredients in the bag. Seal the bag & toss to evenly coat all of the strips. Open the bag & squeeze out the excess air. Place the bag in a bowl or on a plate in the fridge for 2-24 hours (longer = better).
|Cut into thin strips...|
|All the ingredients in the bag...|
|Toss, remove excess air, & seal...|
2. Remove bag from the fridge & place on counter. Let it warm up for 10-15 minutes.
|Post approximately 18 hours of marinating...|
3. Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat. Pour the meat & marinade into the skillet. Stirfry over high heat until meat reaches desired doneness. Either a) remove the beef from the skillet or b) move it to one side of the skillet, & boil the sauce until it thickens. Toss the meat in the sauce & serve.
|Rapidly reduce the sauce...|
|Serve & Enjoy|