Asian Slaw (modified from a user submission on allrecipes.com)
- 1 T rice wine vinegar
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 2.25 t. creamy peanut butter
- 1.5 t. soy sauce
- 1.5 t. brown sugar
- 1 t. fresh ginger, minced finely
- 0.75 t. garlic, minced finely
- 1/2 bag Dole classic coleslaw mix (use approx 7oz of 14oz bag, or substitute around 3.5 cups of chopped green cabbage & julienned carrots)
- 1/4 head red cabbage
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 T. fresh cilantro, chopped
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger & garlic. Set the bowl aside & let the flavors develop. (Note: microwaving the peanut butter for 20-30 seconds makes it easier to whisk into the other ingredients)
2. Rinse the red cabbage, green onion, & cilantro. Finely slice the cabbage. Chop the green onion & salad. Layer the coleslaw mix, red cabbage, green onion & cilantro into a large serving bowl. Toss together.
|Love the colors.|
|Slaw mixed up & chilling until dinner.|
3. A few minutes before mealtime, pour the coleslaw dressing over the slaw. Toss until evenly coated. Serve.
|Slaw with dressing.|
|Asian Slaw with Korean BBQ Short Ribs|
Note-- You can also add additional julienned carrots or julienned red peppers for additional color if desired. Also--depending on the soy sauce & rice wine vinegar you use, this can be a gluten-free recipe.