Last week Kroger had whole beef tenderloins on sale for over half off their normal price. Beef tenderloin is super lean, super tender, & super flavorful...and is normally super expensive. So I splurged & bought one. I came home & cut it into 12 good sized filet steaks & 3 meals worth of beef tips off of the tapered ends of the tenderloin. Most of it was individually packaged & was placed in the deep freeze for later use.
This is what I did with some of the tenderloin tips for dinner last night, I served it with sauteed vegetables fresh from our garden.
Pan Seared Garlic-Rosemary Beef Tips
Prep time: 5 min, Cook time: 5-8 minutes, Serves 2
- 10-12 ounces of lean beef, cut into 2" cubes (i.e. tenderloin or sirloin)
- 1/2 t. fresh rosemary, minced finely
- 1 t. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced finely
- salt & ground pepper to taste
1. Toss meat in olive oil, rosemary & garlic.
2. Rub a cast iron skillet or stainless steel skillet with a light coating of olive oil & heat over high heat.
3. Put meat in the skillet, sear on each side for approximately 1.5 minutes or until desired doneness. Remove from skillet & let rest for 5 minutes. Garnish with salt & pepper, and serve.
|Garlic-rosemary beef tips & sauteed vegetables.|