This was tonight's harvest. Nothing like something being on the vine & then in my skillet 5 minutes later...
|Fresh picked goodness|
Prep time= 5 min, Cook time= 8-10 minutes, Serves 4-6
|Ingredient lineup...minus the basil|
- 2 T. olive oil (can reduce to 1 T.)
- 1-3 small summer squash
- 1-3 small zucchini squash
- 1 cup green beans
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion
- Handful of button or baby bella mushrooms, halved [optional]
- 1 T. red wine vinegar
- 1 t. oregano, dried
- 1/2 t. ground white pepper
- 3-4 leaves fresh basil, thinly sliced (approximately 2 t.)
- 2 T. shredded parmesan [optional]
- salt [optional]
1. Rinse & coarsely chop the squash, zucchini, & onion.
|I like to cut the zucchini in half & then slice it...it doesn't|
roll around on the plate that way...
|Slice the onion into large wedges|
2. Preheat olive oil over medium-high heat in a wok or large skillet.
3. Add the garlic & onions, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
|Onion & garlic cooking in the wok...|
4. Add the squash, zucchini, green beans & mushrooms. Top with the red wine vinegar, oregano, white pepper, & basil. Cook, stirring frequently, for 6-8 minutes, or until vegetables reach desired doneness.
|Cook & stir...|
|until tender & it starts to caramelize...|
5. Move vegetables to a serving dish & sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with salt if desired. Serve & enjoy.
|I served the garden saute with pan seared|
garlic rosemary beef tenderloin tips.