|Spice Cabinet Roasted Red Potatoes|
Spice Cabinet Roasted Red Potatoes
Serves 2-5, Prep time: 5 minutes, Cook time: 45-60 minutes
- 1-2 pounds red potatoes
- 1 pat of butter [optional]
- 1/4 t. kosher salt [optional]
- 1/2 t. ground rosemary (whole needles work too--but crush them)
- 1/2 t. ground black pepper
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1/4 t. onion powder
- 1/4 t. thyme leaves
- 2 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Heat oven to 350 (or use whatever oven temperature between 300-450 degrees that is convenient to whatever else you are cooking.) Put the cast iron skillet in the oven to heat up.
2. Assemble all of the spices into a small container. Add the olive oil to the spices & stir. Set aside.
|Spice & Olive Oil Mixture|
3. Wash & dry potatoes. Cut into quarters (or eighths if you are using large potatoes)
4. Carefully remove the skillet from the oven. Add a small pat of butter to the pan & coat all surfaces of the skillet [optional]. Put the potatoes into the skillet. Drizzle the olive oil/spice mixture over the potatoes. Stirring until potatoes are well coated with the oil & spice mixture. Discard any of the extra spice mixture.
|Potatoes evenly coated in the oil-spice mixture|
5. Put potatoes in the oven. Cook for 45-60 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes until the potatoes are done & browned. If you want crispier potatoes, broil the potatoes in the skillet for 5 minutes before serving.
|Picture of the potatoes 30 minutes into roasting|
|Finished crispy, delicious potatoes|
|Spice Cabinet Roasted Red Potatoes,|
Steamed Broccoli & Baked Jerk Chicken