I made these burgers on toasted 100 calorie sandwich rounds, topped with steamed spinach & herb yogurt sauce (recipe below).The herb yogurt sauce is a perfect fat-free alternative to cheese, and it added a lot of flavor to the burgers. It is also great as a dip for fresh veggies. For the spinach I used a box of frozen spinach, steamed it in the microwave & then pressed all of the excess water out of the spinach. I served these with roasted red potatoes. The hubs requested that I make this meal again sometime soon...so I guess it was ok?
|Not the best photo...but it was delicious.|
Prep time= 8 minutes. Cook time= 15-20 minutes. Serves 4.
- 1 pound lean ground lamb
- 1 t. ground rosemary (needles will work, but crush or grind them first)
- 1/2 t. dried oregano
- 1/4 t. ground white pepper
- 1/4 t. ground black pepper
- 1/4 t. dried basil
- 1/4 t. dried thyme
- 1/4 t. salt (optional)
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1 T. olive oil
1. Mix all ingredients together. Form into patties. Grill over Medium to Medium High heat to desired doneness. While burgers are cooking, prepare the yogurt sauce & spinach.
|Spices mixed up & ready to be added to the meat.|
|Patties ready to be grilled...|
|Patties on the grill...yum.|
Herb Yogurt Sauce
Prep time 5 minutes. Serves 2-3
- 1/2 cup fat free greek style yogurt (I love Fage 0% Greek Yogurt)
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2-3 leaves fresh basil, chiffonade
- 1/4 t. dried oregano
- dash freshly ground pepper
1. Gently fold all ingredients together. Do not stir too vigorously or it will break the texture of the yogurt.