|Baked Jerk Chicken, Roasted Red Potatoes,|
& Steamed Broccoli
Baked Jerk Chicken
Serves 2-4, Prep time 10 minutes, Bake time 1 hour-1 hour 15 min
- 4-8 chicken pieces (or 1 whole chicken cut into pieces)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 t. salt [optional]
- 1 t. ground allspice
- 1 t. brown sugar
- 1 t. minced dehydrated onion
- 1/2 t. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 t. ground black pepper
- 1/2 t. ground ginger
- 1/4 t. garlic powder
- 1/4 t. to 1/2 t. ground cayenne (depending on desired heat level)
- 1/4 t. cinnamon
- 1/4 t. dried thyme leaves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 13x9" glass baking pan with olive oil.
2. Blend all of the spices together in a small bowl. Put the chicken into a large zip top bag. Pour the spices over the chicken, seal the bag, & toss until the chicken is well coated.
|Spice-coated raw chicken...ready to chill in the fridge overnight|
or go straight into the oven.
3. Place the chicken skin side up in the baking dish. Bake in the oven for 1 hour to 1 hour & 15 minutes until chicken is done. For crispier skin, turn on the broiler for 2-5 minutes before removing chicken from the oven.
|Raw chicken ready to bake...For a picture of finished product|
see the top of the page.