Friday, January 6, 2012

Back! For real...my resolutions demand it.

Wow...was it really September the last time I blogged?!? One of my resolutions this year was to start back on blogging, and to average 1 post a week. Not many people read this thing, but I personally enjoyed writing the blogs & taking the photos. Life just started getting a little more chaotic towards the end of last year, and my blog was back-burner'ed (or fell behind the stove & started gathering dust bunnies & grime). I was also losing a technology war. I was taking most of the photos with my iPhone & would have to email them to myself, download them to my laptop, & then write the blogs in my free time. It was a recipe for a pile of photos to accumulate & numerous blogs to go unwritten. Now I have my photos backing up to iCloud (thanks iOS 5.0!), which makes them accessible on my laptop, & my brand new iPad. Throw in a blogging app...and maybe this will be the secret to more consistent blogging? We'll see... For now, here's a quick glimpse into the past 4 months... In October we saw the Grand Canyon...

It's amazing.  I couldn't grasp how HUGE it was until I saw it.

and we saw the fountains of the Bellagio in Vegas (in my next life I want to be a fountain programmer...)...

I wasn't prepared for how loud the water was.
In Vegas we enjoyed some amazingly delicious treats from Jean Philipe Patisserie...

Raspberry Rose Tort

November rolled by...I hosted Thanksgiving, and smothered our turkey in bacon...

Definitely not Kosher...
This is my dog standing guard over the bacon turkey while it cooked...

Poor thing didn't even get a bite...
Finished turkey, half of it already sliced & served...

It seemed to be a hit...
Christmas came to our household. Per tradition, we dressed our dogs up in silly outfits. Here they are by one of our trees...

Look at their cute little butts!
My husband got an AirSwimmer shark for Christmas. Here it is circling over Bethlehem like the Goodyear Blimp (ignore the messy couch pillows)



That about catches us up :-). I will have a new recipe up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment